Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 22nd again

Aidan decided to wake up at 5:30 Sunday morning so it was an early start to the day! Dad woke up when I got up and he wanted to see Aidan so I brought Aidan upstairs to play. He sat and played for an hour without fussing at all and Dad was amazed. Aidan definitely impressed Grampa! He went back to sleep an hour later and he, Kirsi and I slept until 8:30. Yeah!
We had a day of visiting. Nana and Papa stayed until early afternoon so we got to play and visit with them for the whole morning. Bruce came over with Teagan and they stayed for the day. Kirsi was so excited to meet her cousin and so were the rest of us! Teagan is a sweet little baby – she just looks around all the time and takes everything in. She likes a lot of action and doesn’t like to be sitting around for long. That’s why she loves her Jolly Jumper; she’s so cute when she’s in there because she just gets jumping all over the place! Jarrod came over for a while too so we got to visit with him too. Auntie Kathy popped in for a quick visit after church and she got to meet Aidan and see Kirsi again.

Not long after Nana and Papa left, Erin, Mike and Ava, my cousins, came over for a visit. Dad, Bruce and Mike took Kirsi and Ava out to see the cows and horses. Kirsi wasn’t too sure about going outside because it’s so cold. When Dad opened the door this morning to show her the snow, she was excited until she got there. Then she said, “Oooh, I freezing!” Yeah, it’s definitely freezing here!! We got her bundled up in her ski pants, parka, boots, mitts and touque and she stayed pretty warm. I didn’t set foot outside at all – I’m not prepared to face the cold quite yet!
So instead, I stayed inside all day and ate. Why does food at home always taste so much better? I ate Mom’s homemade buns and then her baking – Christmas cookies and Nuts ‘n Bolts. Once supper came, I didn’t want to eat another big meal so I was thankful that we ate soup and sandwiches. Deanna, Bruce’s girlfriend, came over so we got to meet her for the first time too.
We had a big day meeting new people and visiting so we were all ready for bed early. Aidan was out for the count by 6:30 and Kirsi was in bed by 7:30 and sleeping by 8:00, no questions asked.
Post a Comment

I got POOPED on at Jurong Bird Park & Mass - Singapore Day 3

So, while the kids were feeding lories and lorikeets nectar from a cup at Jurong Bird Park a bird swooped overhead and dropped a liquid po...