Wednesday, October 08, 2008


This afternoon Kirsi was busy playing in the backyard while I was making supper. She was happily digging in the dirt and gardening and I could see her through the kitchen window. All of a sudden, she started crying and came in to see me. She showed me her thumb and it looked like a little thorn off a plant. I pulled it out and asked her what plant she touched that hurt her. She said, "No plant, Mommy. Kirsi touch bee." I wasn't sure what she meant until I saw a bee crawling across the terrace outside. She had been stung by a bee! She had tried to pick it up and it stung her and the stinger was stuck in her finger. Poor thing!!!!

I immediately got out her Boo Boo Buddy from the freezer (thank you, Mom for getting that thing!) and got her to hold it on her thumb. She started sobbing as it got sorer and sorer. I felt so bad for her but there wasn't anything I could do for her. So, I told her about when Mommy got stung by wasps and how Mommy got owies too. We talked about how it's not good to touch bees and wasps and that if she sees one, she needs to leave it alone and walk away from it. What a hard lesson to learn!
Post a Comment

I got POOPED on at Jurong Bird Park & Mass - Singapore Day 3

So, while the kids were feeding lories and lorikeets nectar from a cup at Jurong Bird Park a bird swooped overhead and dropped a liquid po...